We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the area of Cairo Bay, on the territory of the Military Museum, there is a separate, independent exposition consisting of royal ceremonial crews, carriages and cars.
Before the 1952 revolution, Egypt was a kingdom. Therefore, any official departure of the ruling family was accompanied by magnificent ceremonies.
Finding a museum is not easy, because, despite the fact that it is located on the territory of the military museum, its building is somewhat aloof and signs leading to it are all in Arabic. It makes sense to ask the passersby for directions.
Inside, visitors will find a string of carriages, carriages, stagecoaches, which were once participants in major public events and holidays. Near each exhibit comprehensive information (including in English). About a third of the crews were donated to the royal family by European monarchs and heads of government. There are also those that were bought by the Egyptian government, personally members of the royal family.
Among the most valuable exhibits is the gift of Napoleon III, made on the eve of the opening of the Suez Canal.
Along with carriages and landos, the museum presents cars for royal departures, parades and ceremonial meetings.
In addition to carts and carriages, the museum has a huge collection of accessories: whips, saddles, carriage lights.
A lot of visitors' attention is drawn to the collection of coachman livery, bright and richly decorated. There are also official royal outfits.
An extensive exhibition of photographs introduces visitors to what ceremonies in the Kingdom of Egypt looked like.
A special place in the museum is occupied by the exhibition of gifts to the royal family from heads of state.
Unfortunately, with the beginning of the next Egyptian revolution, the reconstruction of the museum stopped. The exposition is currently closed.